Image Map

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th

July 4th has always been held a special place in my heart.

While growing up, we lived in Asia for 10+ years. Moving around was not exactly the easiest thing. We moved around every 4 years. But there was one consistant thing, Pawleys Island, South Carolina. We use to go there every summer for July 4th. We would rent a house for 2-3 weeks, while another family had their house for the same time period. Friends and Family would come visit and it was always so much fun. The friends were always friends that our families have made while living around the country, and it was usually the only time we got to see them all. For the last 3 years, we haven't made the trip back. Several things have happened, includng the passing away of the mother of the other family we consistantly went with. (Story for another time)


This year, I am hoping to start a new tradition. I am going to run a 5K on every July 4th. Regardless of where I am. I think it will be fun. This year, my Mother and Father are both going to join in. It should be very exciting.  

What is everyone else doing for the 4th?


Betsy and Andrew. Betsy passed away in November 2003



The house that I called home every July 4th


No comments:

Post a Comment