Image Map

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Collge World Series

Since I am in Kansas for several days and the College World Series is in going on right now, Courtney and I decided to make the short 3 hour trip to Omaha to see it. We left around noon on Saturday, and got there around 330ish that afternoon. Her younger brother is up there with his little league team and we were able to get some free General Admission tickets to the game from him. For those of you who have never been, General Admission tickets are the outfield seats. They let in the first 5,500 spectators, and then as people leave the let more people in. It is an experience!!!  Once we got to the stadium and walked the mile from our car, we decided to walk around and try some zestos ice cream before getting in line for the 8 pm game. 

While in line for Zestos, Courtney and I realized just how small the world is. This guy behind us was hitting on this marketing intern, and since we are both nosey and were ease dropping on the conversation, I heard the girl say she was originally from Texas! So I asked where in Texas.. get this.. we graduated from the SAME high school 3 years apart from each other!!!!  To make the world even smaller, she was a diver at Purdue and one of her teammates was an old athlete of Courtney's from Kansas.

During the game, they have beach ball balloons that they toss up between innings and its just a great atmosphere. We saw two fights, several people kicked out of the game, and of course we happened to miss a proposal that happened a couple rows away from us.

The experience was overall an B. The single reason I wont give it an A is because we were not there cheering on our beloved TCU Horn Frogs. (Who were only 2 wins away from being in there... dang you UCLA. One more loss and your done!!!)

We decided to drive back the 3 hours after the game (game ended at midnight) back to Kansas. Poor Courtney drove through horrible rain to get there and then through horrible fog on the way back.But I am pretty sure she would say it was worth it!

In the car beginning our trip to Omaha
The lovely storm she drove though




We found TCU Fans!






People started writting numbers on the beach balls
This resturant is everywhere!!

Our view


On the way up there, we had to pass through 2 states, and I was able to mark off 2 states on my 50 states list! I am now down to 23 to see! 


New state to cross off!!

Stupid Nebraska did NOT have a Welcome sign


On a random note, I purchased my Erin Condren Life Planner before I left to come to Kansas!! I am super excited for it. If you have one, you probably know how awesome it is. I just ordered my first and I am So excited!! If you are interested, Megan over at Growing Up is Actually Kind of Fun is having a giveaway for I believe a $25 gift card. Go give it a look.


 Well that is it for Today, Tomorrow will be a new Dear Monday! Look for it!


2 comments:

  1. Does passing through a state count as seeing it?

    Kind of jealous you were at the CWS.

    Hope you had fun with Iverson! :)

    ReplyDelete