Image Map

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2 in 1 day? + a workout

I have never blogged twice in one day. Today is just an exception!! As you know from my last blog. Today is not a happy go lucky day for me. I was just not feeling it. I figured out that I was having major anxiety about a work thing tomorrow. I don't like going into an event and not knowing the logistics of everything. It makes me really stressed.

After talking to my awesome roommate/district coworker (who happens to be going with me tomorrow!!) and my head AT, I feel way more calm about tomorrow.

You know what also helped? The awesome work out I just had. I don't usually post what I did, but I feel like I should today.

I started with a little super set of abs. Did 3 rounds of this.

Jump rope x 30 seconds
Standing Core Stabilazation x 12 w/ 10 lb kb
Bow Extension x 12 w/ 10 lb kb
Reverse DB Chop x 15 w/ 10lb kb

Followed by a run/walk 20 minute Treadmill Hill Workout. I have been doing this workout for a while now. I usually end up changing the MPH to lower or holding on while during an increased incline. I decided that I wouldn't do that today. Guess what? It was awesome an a*s kicker. I even had to up the MPH on some of them because I wanted a better burn. (Go me!!)

(Source)

I know this is a short work out. But I feel like it worked well for me. I hate abs and I hate cardio. So on a day when its just that... I am never looking forward to it and I usual do it half a*s.

Also, a small update on the medicine/weight loss. I had been taking my Thyroid Medicine for about a month now. I have seen a 4 lbs weight loss. I was upset about this, until I thought about it harder last night. That is a lb a week. So, I really shouldn't be complaining and should be happy with that. So I am going to be happy with it.

Yesterday was the first and ONLY day that I didn't take my medicine. (I am not going to lie, I forgot to fill it and then go pick it up. Opps) Well, yesterday I was tired. Not just, eh I am tired, but let me take 2 short naps and then barely keep my eyes open the rest of the time tired. I haven't felt that tired since before I started taking my Thyroid medicine.  It is safe to say that I have seen some great improvements with the medicine. I go back in the beginning of June to see how my blood work looks with the medicine.

I will have to post another update on some of the great things this medicine is doing for me!!
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday

-Me!



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Go you!! Sometimes a short workout is all you need and it just what you need! :) Good job!!

    ReplyDelete