Image Map

Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend

I am beyond lucky to have some of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for. This past weekend, A and I went to Las Colinas on Saturday for my besties wedding reception. She got married in Vegas in December, so this was her mini party back home.

We fully planned on leaving early Saturday morning, like 8 am. But in reality, we got on the road about 11. Which is fine with me. We took our time getting to the hotel, checked in and then took a trip to Cabelas. I found a perfect jacket for our honeymoon cruise, plus it was on sale! A made a comment that he thought I would get hot in it. Too bad the weather decided to prove him wrong, and Sunday morning was cold, rainy and in the LOW 40's. Considering I didn't pack anything but spring clothes, I popped the tag off that jacket and wore it!!

Saturday night was a blast. The reception was held at a restaurant called The Ranch. The food was amazing and it was an open bar. Considering that this was the 2nd time in 3 weeks to see this group of girls, the conversations never stopped and it was just a complete blast. A finally got to meet most of the girls, and of course his beard took over every conversations!! (I love his beard)



There is a random picture of  my shoes, because I wore those to a wedding, and this was the first time I wore them again. They were too big for me. Bonus- I tripped on the way to the bathroom and a random couple at the bar saw me, and bought me a shot of Firefly because the boyfriend busted out laughing when I tripped.

Sunday morning, A and I made a stop at a really cool Fuzzy's that had just opened. It was an old gas station converted to a restaurant. I loved it, and I loved the food. Their chicken quesadilla totally hit the spot of my hung over self. (Open bars are never a good thing). We stopped off at my besties parents house for brunch and then it was back to Houston we went.  Several hours later we finally made it home. This was my "It looks like the Walking Dead" moment. There was a wreck and the freeway was shut down for a while. It was kinda creepy when you reference The Walking Dead to it.


I started my 24 day Advocare challenge several days before we left for Las Colinas. So I made sure to pack all the necessary things I needed for the trip. I was impressed with myself. Has anyone else done this challenge?

All in all, It was a great weekend. This weekend, is my 1st Half Marathon and I am nervous and excited at the same time. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment