Image Map

Thursday, December 6, 2012

About time..

 It seems as though my last post was October 23rd. That was quite some time ago!! I can't believe that I haven't posted anything. Actually that is kind of a lie. I can. I have just been so busy with the Holiday Season! I am a HUGE fan of Christmas. Partially because my birthday is a couple days before it :)

Well whats new in the last couple months you ask? Sadly, I don't have much to report. I have hopped back on the work out train. I chose to get on the slow moving train. I have cut back on eating those dang Sonic Reese Blast (with no whip), fast food, and the biggest of all... I have cut out Dr. Peppers. Out of all of those, the Sonic Reese Blast have been the hardest to cut out!!

I ran the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving with my family. It was a 5K. Didn't have a great race time, but I didn't try to hard either. I did realize that after the race, I wasn't too tired. I was sore (that is what happens when you don't work out for months) but I wasn't "challenged". So I got to thinking, I have run quite a few 5K races in the last 2 years. Its time to move up. So I have challenged myself to a 10K. I downloaded a new app, (what in the world would we do without apps now a days?) and started from Week 1, Day 1. My end goal is to run in the Blue Bell 10K in April. I had originally planed for another one. But my run-happy roommate wants to run the Blue Bell one. Why this one you ask? Ohh, because in Texas we have an amazing ice cream called Blue Bell. The race is in the hometown of Blue Bell. After the race, each runner is allotted as much Blue Bell Ice Cream they can eat.... hence, why I have said yes to running the Blue Bell Race in Brenham. (Brenham is hilly. I am nervous)

I did get a chance to go out of town to Fort Worth to catch TCU play Oklahoma last weekend. While there I got to see my best friend and hang out with her for a while.  She got a new kitten the other day, and I fell in love with her. Makes me miss when Blue was small like that.


The Boyfriend and I 

My Bestie, Skye, and I.

Sold out crowd at The Carter!

Tried the panorama function 

Other side of the stadium 

Anthony and I walked around the outside of the stadium at halftime. That is the backside of the score board. 

Lez... cutest thing I have seen in a while! 

Look at her big eyes! 



Besides that, I have just been busy buying Christmas gifts and decorating our apartment and the boyfriends house. I will have to do another post with all the pictures of the decorations!

Hope everyone is enjoying this Holiday Season!

-Me!

2 comments:

  1. You make it sound like I twisted your arm into that 10k!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you didn't twist my arm at all. I was sold at the free blue bell afterwards!

      Delete