Image Map

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Thankful Project: A Place

Thankful Project 

The prompt for today is "A Place" 

Doesn't take me long to come up with a place, actually it took less than 2 seconds. This place is somewhere that I hold dearly.  

This place is ......








Pawleys Island, South Carolina.  I wish I was better with words to describe how much I love this place. This is what I considered "home" for a long time while we lived in Asia. We use to go for 2-3 weeks and rent a house. We had family friends that owned a house down there and we would always be there with them. It was like a mini family reunion, but not blood family. We would always have friends from other countries come stay for a couple days, and/or family would make the drive. 

One of my favorite things about this place is that it is serene peaceful and above most just relaxing. During our years of coming to Pawleys, my family and I moved countries 3 times. So going there every summer was always normal. I grew up there in the summers. I went from not liking boys, to finding boys attractive, to having my first crush/kiss happen while there. 

This place is truly home to me. I am Thankful for the people there and the memories that were created. 

-Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment