Image Map

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fresh Basil Pasta Salad

I went to a mini get together a couple weeks ago, and this was one of the dishes there. The hostess told me she found it on the internet and told me the name of it. So for Memorial day, I decided to give it a shot. Its from the Half-Hour Hostess Mothers day Book. I got the recipe off the a random website since I do not own the cook book. Here is the link: Pasta Salad
But I also have put the recipe below

Makes 8 servings 

1 (16-ounce) package small shell pasta
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove, pressed
3/4 cup olive oil ( Only used 1/2 of oil and it was perfect) 
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 (3-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese









1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. 

2. Meanwhile, heat pine nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. 







3. Whisk together vinegar and next five ingredients. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Add vinaigrette to pasta. Add basil, cheese and pine nuts; toss to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve. 










It was actually a great salad! My boyfriends dad has two helpings and he is not a pasta salad fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment