Image Map

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Biggest Loser

*****SPOILER ALERT***** Also, my personal opinion and a little Music information. 

I have always loved the show The Biggest Loser. I always thought it was super inspirational and a good show to watch, plus it is emotional and that always draws me to a show. But this season was different for me. I loved last season, I follow several of the contestants on Twitter and secretly want to meet Danni. She really is an inspiration. 
There are several reason that this season bothered me. 

First- The show doesn't show enough nutritional and food parts. I will admit, I use to firmly believe that working out was all you needed. That it didn't matter what went in your mouth. That has drastically changed for me this year. Julie made a comment to me over the summer that woke me up. Something about no amount of exercise will overcome crap you eat. I have been working my butt off, and when I don't eat right, I don't see a difference in the scale or the measurements. But WOW, when I eat right, what a change I see.  So basically, I feel like the show is making a false statement that working out is the only thing that matters when you are trying to lose weight. 

Second- The way they act when they only lose 2 or 3 lbs!! I would be ECSTATIC if I lost that amount of weight at every weigh in. Now I understand that it is a competition and the goal is to lose weight quick. But still. The suggested weight loss in 1-2 lbs a week. That is sustainable and something that makes a life change. Which leads me to the next thing....

Third- Where are all the old contestants? If they are "changing their lives" lets see them now!!! I just have this feeling that only a small number of them lost the actual weight and kept it off. The lifestyle that they lived on the ranch is so unrealistic. Working out 5-6 hours a day is just not possible for most people. 

Fourth and final- this is the spoiler alert. 

The girl who won, weighed in at 105 lbs. That is my left leg. To me, she looked extremely too thin and unhealthy. This is the first time I have seen this on the winner and I think it is gross.  Here are some photos that I got from a Yahoo Article. 



I am not sure if these  pictures do it justice. When she was weighing in, the numbers fluctuate and at one point it went down to 86. I am not sure if that is just the producers putting random numbers in there, but seeing that number made me sick to my stomach. I just feel like, that is setting up unrealistic goals for women. This girl lost 155 lbs in several months. That is not normal, nor is it healthy in my eyes.    

What are your opinions? Do you think she lost too much weight? When is too much too much? 


On a totally random note- A used to be an Sound Engineer and work with bands. He went on tour for about 4-5 years with a couple bands. So he is what I would consider an expert on bands and performing. He even went to college for it. We got to talking about the Red Hot Chili Peppers and how their instruments were "unplugged" for the Super Bowl half time show. His response "Yeah, that's normal. Only the singer's mic is plugged in. Never are their instruments plugged in for a live show like that. Concerts, yes. But things like that. Never." So just an fyi... the media is hyping up something that is stupid and just not news worthy. :) 

Well that is all! 

-Me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment