Image Map

Monday, February 17, 2014

Wedding talk

I feel like I need to do a little wedding talk. I have been avoiding talking about it to friends and family because I am sure they are sick of hearing about it by now.  Some things I have been getting done for it

*Make-Up trial-  I used a recommendation of my hair dresser. Her niece is in cosmetology school. I thought 'great!! cheap and give her some experience'. I went for the trial and I won't be using her. She was very professional, but she is 17. A high school junior. I am just not comfortable leaving my make up to her. She did an okay job, but not outstanding. 

* Hair trial- I have my hair trial Sunday. I am excited. Here are some pictures of what I'm looking for 




                                                          Which one do ya'll like? 

*Dress Alterations- I need to take my dress this week to get altered. One fitting this month, one next and then the last one several weeks prior to the wedding. 

* We ordered our wedding favors!!!  A asked if we could do something besides purple because "Everything else is purple" lol his exact words. I had to giggle a little at that. 

* I need to pay a deposit on our limo for after the wedding, I also need to book the hotel for the night prior, and the night after. A wants to stay on Lake Conroe, so I am booking a hotel for the night before with me and the bridal party, and then the hotel for the night of the wedding. 

*Bridesmaids gifts- I know now what I want to get them. I just need to order them. 

* Pictures- I am trying to get pictures of A as a kid and do a slide show of him and I. I need to probably start working on that sooner rather than later. 

* In Montgomery County you can apply for your marriage license as early as 90 days out from your wedding. The license is valid for 90 days after issuance. We are at day 89. Which means.... We could technically get it now!!! 

* We finally found a bedroom set that we BOTH love. I am EXTREMELY picky about my comforter and the fabric etc. So, I made sure to go to feel it and look at it in person before decided that this was the one!!  I added it to our registry at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I wanted to go ahead and buy it yesterday, but I decided to put it on our registry instead. 


* A finally picked out his ring. I am going to wait for my Tax Refund to come in so that I can purchase it. :) 


I think that is a nice little update! Hope ya'll enjoyed reading it.  Oh, everyone has been talking about their valentines day. We had an appetizer of crawfish (long back story) and spaghetti. Best night ever. :)

Have a nice evening.

1 comment: