Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

A Totally Different Weekend

If you read my last post, you would know that I went to a Ranch for the weekend.

I am not a big outdoorsy/hunting/kill hogs/fish type of girl. Don't get me wrong, I love to fish off a dock, in the shade, and just catch perch. But this past weekend, I was taken out of my element and given a whirl-wind experience of the outdoors.  Not only was I the one who dressed completely out of place, BUT I was the won who came in 2nd in our little shooting game, and I caught two pretty decent sized bass.

I am not really sure how to explain the whole weekend, besides saying that I had an absolute blast. We spent the majority of the time watching the boys shoot guns, and spot lightening animals for them to kill. After the girls took a much needed afternoon nap Saturday, we went back out to the pond to shoot some guns ourselves. Talk about fun!! I was really nervous about it. I had only shot a gun once before, and semi-enjoyed the experience. So needless to say I was a newby when it came time to shooting the guns. A friend tried to show me how to shoot his gun, I totally put my eye in the wrong place to look.. Opps!! After all was said and done, I am a pretty decent shot, and I really like shooting certain guns.
 (Some I do not! Anthony made me shot all three of his, including the one he keeps in the night stand) 

Before we left on Sunday, a couple of us decided to kill an hour by fishing in the pond that was right near the house. Second cast in- I had a bass!!! It reminded me of when my grandparents lived on the lake years ago. I would spend my summers fishing off their dock, catching, kissing and throwing back the perch.  It was always so much fun.  I ended up catching two pretty decent size bass, and one perch that got off the hook before I could reel it all the way in. 



This was one of those weekends, that I tried something new, adventurous and I loved it! I have done alot of things in my 27 years, but it seems that since moving back to the states, my adventurous side has died down some. I have gotten into a simple routine and gotten scared to try new things.  So, the lesson I learned from this weekend is that I need to continue doing things out of the box, do things that scare me, do things that are out of my normal element.

Does anyone have any ideas? Id love some to try!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment