Image Map

Friday, August 10, 2012

Inspiration

This Texas heat is HOT! The last couple days have been in the upper 90's for while we are at football practice.  Even though the temp has been high, the actually feel outside hasn't been as torture as last years. There has been a nice breeze the last couple days, as well as some cloud cover for our late afternoon practices. Which oh, geez, that makes a huge difference!! 

One thing about the beginning of the new football season is that it brings out Alumni and old students who want to come reminisce. I have had two days full of students who have graduated from here come back to say hello. But I have to say the best was two of my former Montgomery students (Where I haven't worked in now a full year) stopped by to say hello. They both graduated this year, and when I met them as sophomores I wasn't aware at how huge of an impact I would make on their lives.  Both came out and stood out at football practice with me for 3 hours. It was awesome. They are both great kids, with such inspiring futures. I am so blessed to be apart of their lives and help mold them into the people they are becoming. 

It got me thinking of the people who make such impacts on our lives without us knowing. I happen to tell my roommate the story of the journey I took to get accepted into TCU last night. Not to my surprise, I began to tear up just telling her the story. The women I talked about had such a huge impact on my life, that without her help through that year, I would never be where I am today. 

Hope everyone has someone who has made such an impact on their lives, and I hope that you take the time to realize that you could be that person as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment