Image Map

Friday, January 17, 2014

Five on Friday

I am going to try a new link up today. Five on Friday. I have been reading a ton of these link up posts. I love the randomness of it all. So lets see how it goes.

{one}Bridal
Yesterday was a Bridal Tasting event at our venue. My mom, future mother in law and A went with me. We got to try 4 meat dishes and 2 sides. They had chicken, pork loin, roast beef and a tilapia. The sides were seasoned veggies and potatoes. My mother took 1/2 the potatoes off my plate because she liked them so much. She cracks me up. This was her review of the food

Mom: Okay, so I liked the chicken and the pork loin. That is what we are having for the dinner at your wedding right?

Yes mom, that is NOW what we will be having. :)  All in all it was a great evening. I  just love the venue and it makes me SO excited that the big day is coming up. 121 days!! But really? who is counting? --- me! That is who.

{two}Bridal again!
My wedding dress came in yesterday. It wasn't expected to be in until February 14 (Perfect date in my opinion). I got the wonderful email yesterday that said that my dress has been delivered.  EEEKKK

{three}Outdoor adventure
Sam Houston State Park. Every year that A and I have been together, we have gone to the park to do a little "hiking". I say hiking that way because there are NO mountains and there is very little elevation. We usually take the JuJu (our dog), pack a lunch and spend some great time outdoors. I am hoping that the weather cooperates and it stays as sunny and awesome as it has been lately.

{four}Health
Migraines have been coming back.  It hasn't been fun at all. I think I know the reason though. Sugar. I have been trying to eat really well. No wheat, no gluten, no crap. So when I do splurge and eat something that I really shouldn't, I end up with a headache.  The worst one was last Sunday. I didn't really have a breakfast or a lunch. On the way home from Austin, my mom and I stopped at Sonic. We split a Sonic Blast, IMMEDIATE migraine happened. I was miserable. You know what fixed it though? McDonald's french fries. Not normal. But it worked.

{five}Health
Anxiety has officially set in. Not for the wedding. But for this career change that I am trying to attempt. I have been involved in Athletic Training since I was 14. Now I am trying to do something totally different. So if you feel the need, pray for me!!

Thankfully though, it is Friday and a three day weekend. Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
-Me!



4 comments:

  1. Visiting from five on Friday. Congrats on the dress coming in early. I am so glad that I'm not the only one who's body attacks when I don't eat right. Sugar gives me the worse migraines. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a new thing for my body. I use to just eat crap and thought it was normal for my body to react like that.

      Delete
  2. Yay on your dressing coming in early! So fun!! Have a great weekend!

    Visiting from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!! I am going to get my dress on Monday :) I am super excited.

      Delete