Image Map

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Spinach Dip Stuffed Chicken + Wedding

I have been trying to find new recipes. I found this one on Pinterest the other day. It looked delicious, and tasted just as great.  I found the recipe on here .  I am a fan of recipies that have pictures. Which means that you would think I would have taken picture as I was making this, but I didn't.  But here is the recipe.

1 lb boneless chicken breast (make sure to flatten the chicken breast. This was hard for me haha)
1 cup pepperjack cheese
1 cup cooked spinach- I used Frozen Spinach. Will probably try fresh next time
1/2 cup cream cheese ( I have found a new obsession with cream cheese) 
2 Tbsp whole grain breadcrumbs (I used Flaxseed instead. Next time I wont use as much though)
4 tbsp Cajun seasoning

1) Pre-Heat the oven to 350
2) Mix together spinach, pepper jack cheese & cream cheese. If needed you can heat them in microwave until melted together. (I had to) 
3) Combine Cajun seasoning & bread crumbs/Flax Seed & sprinkle both sides of your chicken breast
4) Place in oven at 350 for 18-25 mins until chicken is cooked thoroughly. A tip is you can also cover the pan with foil to help hold moisture in.

Here is a picture of how mine turned out. 


I obviously need to learn to stuff the chicken better. Hope everyone had a great Saturday!! 
I sadly had to work, and it wasn't a great day at work. :(  A and I ended up going out to run some errands afterwards. 
We went to Jared's so that we could find a wedding ring for A. We found one that he liked, the sales lady went to see how long it would take to be ordered and delivered because he happens to wear a size 15 ring. When she came back, this was the conversation that happened. 

Me: I didn't see the price on the ring very well, it said $349.00 correct? (I saw the 3 and the 9.. just wasn't sure of the middle number)
Lady: Oh no. The price on this ring is $1,399.00 

I think I almost had a heart attack. A and I just looked at each other and said we would discuss it and come back. HAHA NOT HAPPENING!!! There wasn't even a diamond in the ring.  I swear, this wedding thing is costing me money. But luckily the fun stuff gets to start happening, bridal showers!!! We registered for a Kitchen-Aid Mixer and I am beyond excited for it. I sincerely hope that we get it. I want to start making bread, cinnamon rolls, and all sorts of fun stuff.  Does anyone have one and just love it? Let me know!! 

Well its off to bed for me. I have a 5 mile run tomorrow that I am nervous for.

-Me!


2 comments:

  1. The story of ring shopping made me laugh. The same thing happened to my husband and I when we went to Verizon to see how much it would cost for us both to upgrade to smart phones. When he told us the price we laughed in his face, we thought he was joking. We got our wedding bands from Blue Nile, the cost is very reasonable and their customer service is excellent (we had to send in the rings twice before finally ordering the right size).

    My Kitchen-Aid Mixer is my absolute favorite thing I got for our wedding. I use it all the time. My grandmother gave us the money to specifically buy the mixer and I got an amazing deal at Kohl's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited and hopeful that I will get the Kitchen-Aid Mixer!! Good to know that you love yours.

      I have never thought about Blue Nile, I may have to look into that!! Thank You :)

      Delete