Image Map

Sunday, February 24, 2013

ConocoPhillips Rodeo 5K run

Saturday was a beautiful morning for a 5K race. It was one of those rare races that I have been in that started at 9:45. Not 730 or 8ish. This allowed for me sleep in a little. Which was awesome.

I have ran a few 5Ks in the last couple years, but have never really "trained for it" just sort of done it on a whim. This one, I am in the middle of training for a 10K so I thought I would set a goal for myself. All my other race times have been between 38-35 minutes. So for this one, I wanted to be done in less than 36 minutes.  One of the major downsides to this race was that it was not a timed race. The 10K was the only timed race of the day.  I have been using an app called Mapmyrun during my training days, so I figured I would go by the time off that.

There were so close to 10 thousand people running the 5K so it took a while to get across the start line. The scenery was nice. The beginning of the race was along the same route as the parade that would be going on after the run. So, there were lots of people lined up and they were cheering people along. It was pretty cool.

I ended up actually killing my goal of less than 36 minutes. My app said that my time was 31:07!! The thing that makes me wonder is that the app said the course was a total of 3.45 miles once I crossed the finish line. The clock on the end read 34:55. Considering it took me a good 2 minutes to even get across the start line, I think I did pretty dang well, even on the "race clock". But at the end of the day, I am going to go by my app time because that is what I have been training off of!! I added some pictures that I took while I was waiting the 45 minutes for the race to start.








Hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend! I got to end the day by having a blast at the Houston Rodeo Cook off with Anthony and Jordanna. I took a couple pictures and will have to write a post this week.

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

-Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment