Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Frustration above anything else

Let me start off by saying that I am not in a great mood or mind set as I write this entry. I have a lot of frustrations on my mind and I am just trying to get some of them out.

My awesome roommate got me a Fit Book for Christmas.  It is pretty dang awesome! It is a 12 week plan. There is are spaces for weekly goals, to plan out you are eating that week, what exercise you will be doing that week and all that jazz. There are also pages for each day of the week that are designed for a food log, nutrient tracker, water tracker, sleep tracker, and work outs. I love it!! It has really made me think about what I am eating and if I am getting all the nutrition in that I need to be.  

(Source)


My Frustration lies in the fact that I am on week 7 and I have lost 2 lbs. Granted I have lost an inch here or there. But I have lost 2 lbs overall.  Now, let me be honest. I have not eaten great EVERY DAY. BUT I have been doing several things that should have made more of a difference in my mind.

I now eat breakfast EVERY DAY. This is a huge step for me. I am the queen of getting donuts, or a kolache or just not eating breakfast and snacking till lunch. I have been making eggs, bacon, toast, and having fruit. Some times I cheat a little and have 2 or 3 cinnamon rolls instead, or some biscuits.  I have switched from white bread to whole wheat bread, and I have also worked hard to get in fruits and veggies. Not to mention that I LOVE Dr.Pepper. I have totally cut those out of my daily diet. I have one every now and then, but that is it.

If I looked at what I ate 3 months ago compared to today, it is a world of a difference. Yes, I feel better, yes I have lost 2 lbs, yes I have also lost some inches. But I am still at a weight that every time I step on the scale, I want to cry.

The last 2 1/2 weeks I have also been working out 5 days a week. It may be running, or just lifting. But I have been doing some sort of physical activity.  

People have been telling me that I will see results soon, that I don't need to concentrate on the actual weight number, go on how I feel, or how my clothes fit. That is all fine and dandy, but at the end of the day, I am still not losing any actual weight and that number really bothers me. I just don't understand at times. Right now is one of those times that I don't see the point in working so hard if I am not going to see enough of a pay off.  That there is no point making there changes in my diet, if its not going to make a difference. I may not be gaining any weight, but I sure as heck am not losing weight.

I guess I am just trying to get this all off  my chest. I feel a lot better now that I have written this (and possibly teared up a little... but if you know me.. I tear up at anything and everything). Does anyone have any advice of what I could change or do?  Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up girl. It's a lifestyle change and it takes a while for your body to start transitioning. Plus, once you start building more muscle, your BMR gets higher and you burn more calories overall. You as an ATC know this! Just keep finding ways to exercise and eat right that you enjoy and don't make it such a chore :) it will all eventually become habit

    ReplyDelete